Working in an Inter-agency and Multi Agency way requires training that supports people to work effectively with practitioners from a wide range of agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. Halton Safeguarding Children Board provides a range of courses for staff working with children, young people and families, or with adults who may be parents or carers.
Halton Safeguarding Children Board’s Multi-Agency Learning & Development Strategy outlines the Board’s strategic vision and priorities around training.
HSCB training is free to organisations that make a financial contribution of at least 15% to the Board’s budget and to not for profit and Voluntary Sector organisations with a national turnover of less than £100,000 per annum. All other organisations will be expected to pay a fee per person, per day or part of. Charges for late cancellation and non-attendance also apply. The HSCB Charging Policy includes details of fees and the cancellation process.
Course Dates and Booking (new system)
The HSCB offer bespoke courses such as Basic Awareness Safeguarding Children Training at a cost per organisation that requires it. We are happy to discuss your requirements for training of full teams (up to 30 staff members) please email any individual enquiries to: [email protected]
- Safeguarding and Child Protection for Adults Working with Children – This is a level 2 equivalent course open to all. Please note it does not offer local policy and procedure or contacts. Therefore, any organisations using this as a level 2 course should ensure staff are made aware of their own agency’s policies & procedures as well as local Halton procedures and contact details.
- Child Sexual Exploitation E-learning booking form Upon receipt of your booking form please note all applications will be uploaded to the National Working Group website at the beginning of every month. It is at this point you will then be issued with log in details for the course. Please note that you will have 28 days to complete the course on receipt of your log in details otherwise course cancellation will apply. This course will only be available to book until 17th August 2017.
- Child Sexual Exploitation: Keeping Them Safe: e-learning for Parents & Carers – free e-learning for parents and carers that explains how to identify the signs of CSE and protect children. This course has been designed by Parents against Child Sexual Exploitation (Pace) if you would like to offer this course to a group of parents.
- EPCAT Child Trafficking E-learning Course – uses a case study to explore how to safeguard & protect victims of Trafficking.
- Complicated Matters: addressing Domestic and Sexual Violence, substance use and mental ill-health – e-learning package from AVA that is an introduction to Domestic abuse and associated issues including some information on Child to Parent Violence (CPV).
- Female Genital Mutilation: Recognising and Preventing FGM – Home Office approved e-learning package exploring the key issues relating to FGM and how they affect an individual throuoghout their life.
- Forced Marriage Unit E-learning Package – uses cases studies to explore Forced Marriage issues and how to respond.
- Channel General Awareness E-Learning
- MindEd provides free educational resources containing advice, guidance and information on managing a wide range of mental health issues in children and teens.
Brook and the Department of Health have jointly developed an online e-learning tool to help health professionals spot the signs of child sexual exploitation (CSE).
Seen and Heard captures the views of young people about what it’s like when you’ve ‘got something to tell.’ You’ll hear what young people need, and what they want from professionals in order to help them feel like they can disclose abuse. By participating, and building your own awareness, you’ll help to ensure opportunities to end abuse aren’t missed….
This session will describe why disabled children and young people are vulnerable to abuse, explore how to respond where abuse is suspected and offer guidance on how to build the resilience of disabled children and young people and their families.
This free course explores parental substance misuse, its effects on children and parenting capacity and the implications for social work practitioners.
Safeguarding Children Induction Booklet
The Safeguarding Children Induction Booklet Safeguarding Children Induction Booklet has been designed to support new staff working with children and families. It should be used as part of all staff inductions, including volunteers, to ensure that basic information about safeguarding children in Halton is relayed to the practitioner at the earliest opportunity. Managers/Supervisors should discuss the booklet during supervision to support the practitioners understanding. Please note this booklet is not an e-learning tool and DOES NOT replace the need for Basic Awareness Safeguarding Training to be provided to all staff who work with children and families.
Contact the HSCB Training Administrator:
- Abbi Cooper
- Tel: 0151 511 6065
- Email: [email protected]
Halton Lea Library Rooms – Runcorn
- Parking available in Shopping City but ensure you do not park on shopping levels as these have a parking time restriction
- Halton Lea, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 2PF
Murdishaw Community Centre, Runcorn
- Limited Parking available at venue
- Barnfield Avenue, Murdishaw, WA7 6JW, 01928 718285
Castlefields Community Centre, Runcorn
- Limited parking available at venue
- Chester Close, Castlefields, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 2HY, 01928 563839
Runcorn Town Hall, Runcorn
- Parking Available at Venue
- Heath Road, Runcorn WA7 5TD, 0303 333 4300
Halton Hospital Education Centre , Runcorn
- Please note this venue has a pay & display car park so you will need change!
- Hospital Way, Runcorn, Cheshire WA7 2DA Telephone: 01928 753318
Grangeway Community Centre, Runcorn
- Limited Parking available at venue
- Cheshire, WA7 5HA, 01928 718 285
St Mary’s Community Centre, Widnes
- Only limited parking available at venue
- Church Rd, Widnes, WA8 0DP, 0151 423 3881
Select Security Stadium, Widnes
- Parking available at venue
- Lowerhouse Lane, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 7DZ, 0151 510 6000